Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Back!
Monday I got back from an awesome camping trip with our youth group! We left EARLY on Saturday, and got there later that morning. We then found out what "tribes" we were going to be in. I was on the green and our name was Anawanna there was four other tribes, blue, black, and orange. We had several challanges that we did to earn points. The tribe that had the most points at the end of the weekend went out to eat on Sunday night. The first challange we did was you had a rope about 4 ft. tall. You had to get your whole tribe over the rope two times without touching. Our tribe won that one! The next we had a rope about 3 ft. of the ground. We had to build a fire that would burn the rope, but each tribe got one bottle of water that they could use to put out the other tribes' fires. We won that one also! We had a egg toss next, and came in third place. The next morning we did a competition that involved us going into a lake in the middle of OCTOBER! On that one we came in last. The next challenge was an eating contest I at sardines! Some of the other foods included pork brains, pigs feet, and cow tounge (no joke)! We tied for first on that one. Then we had a scavenger hunt, fort building contest, and finally a trivia contest. Over all we got in second place, so we didn't get to go out to eat, but it was still sooo much fun! Have a great week everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey beautiful!! You do have "issues" don't you? Sounded like the church outback deal was wonderful! It is great to be a youth isn't it? You must not have yelled loud enough for the Dawgs...On second thought,I bet you screamed in frustration. What are you currently reading? I know you are doubling up on studies for your trip. Wish I were going. love "The blog queen"
Post a Comment